One of the trendiest skin exfoliation options today is dermaplaning, which is performed using a scalpel to manually exfoliate dead skin cells from the face. “It requires the use of a sterile surgical scalpel to gently shave the top layer of dead skin layer, and peach fuzz,” This treatment results in ultra-smooth, fresh, and brighter skin. By removing that dead layer and hair from the face, the skin is evened out, and it helps with cell metabolism, which helps new skin come to the surface
· It painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime.
· It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation.
· It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration.
· It can be performed frequently.
· It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
· It can help significantly lighten posti inflammatory scars from past acne.
It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker
Why Get It?
Dermaplaning not only gets rid of peach fuzz on the face, it also exfoliates removing dead skin cells on the outermost layer.
It's a great option for those who want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin because of adverse reactions. This might be because of a medical condition or being pregnant or nursing.
How It Compares to Traditional Shaving
So if dermaplaning just seems like a very fancy and expensive way to shave, then you're almost right. The real difference is the level of exfoliation. The technician can determine how deep to plane the skin, where a razor can only go so far.
Shaving can be done every day whereas dermaplaning should most definitely not. You actually need to wait two weeks before the next session. Although sunscreen is important for everyone, it's very crucial after getting this service because the skin is very sensitive to the sun and hyperpigmentation (dark skin spots) are possible.
569 County Line Road
Wayne PA 19087